Currently, I'm hooked in following Relationship Matters PH. Every Wednesday night at 9 pm, Richard and Maricar go live on their Facebook page to discuss a certain topic about relationships.
Today's topic is: RELATIONSHIP ADVICE TO OUR YOUNGER SELVES
Pointers from their vlog:
- Conflict does not mean failure. Hindi pala totoo na ang successful relationship is happy lagi. Some of the best relationships have really bad fights. Fights are opportunities to adjust and learn.
- You can love but pwedeng hindi mo trust (specially sa pera).
- Know your worth. Know your value. Kung alam mong prinsesa ka, hindi ka pipili ng kung sino-sino.
- Research can prevent "shocking" moments or at least lessen them.
- Choose your mentors. Mentors should be people who successfully went through your current problems. Mentors who are older, mas experienced and kilala kayo. Find "broken" mentors, yung mga nagkamali na pero naayos nila. Don't get ninongs or ninang just for money. Choose ninong or ninang who can advise fights, problems and difficult decisions. Broken people get more practical advice.
My personal opinion:
I would tell my younger self:
- You cannot change your husband.
- Yung mga weaknesses ng boyfriend mo ngayon, mama-magnify yan pag mag-asawa na kayo. Ready ka ba dun?
- Don't get married to feel complete. You must be complete and satisfied with Jesus (alone) before getting married or else your marriage will be chaotic.
- Don't say "I want to get married because I want to be happy". That's very selfish. One of your goals in entering marriage is to make your spouse happy, not the other way around.
- Kilig moments will soon fade. It will only last for 2 years and the rest will depend on how you exert effort on it.
- Don't enter a relationship as an scapegoat.
- Don't fill the void and emptiness in your life by getting married. Only Jesus can fill that.
How about you? What would you tell your younger self?
Kindly join Relationship Matters PH's live tonight at 9 pm.