I like to have champorado for breakfast or for snack on rainy afternoon.
I usually buy champorado from the market. Ready-to-eat.
Evaporated milk is included. I just bought Bear Brand powdered milk from the sari-sari store.
I like the combination. But I also love condensed milk if I have stock.
Here's a recipe of champorado from Panlasang Pinoy.
- 5 pieces tablea (pure chocolate)
- 1¾ cups glutinous rice or sushi rice
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 6 to 8 cups water
- Condensed milk to taste
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the tablea and then stir. Let it dissolve in boiling water.
- Add-in the rice. Let the water re-boil. Set the heat to low-medium and then stir almost constantly to avoid sticking. The rice should be ready when it absorbs the water (about 15 to 25 minutes).
- Add the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer the champorado in individual serving bowls. Top with condensed milk.
- Serve with tuyo. Share and enjoy.
Do you also champorado, like me?