Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Caring Chloe

Kapag may sakit ang ating mga anak, normal sa ating mga magulang na sabihin "Sana ako na lang. Wag lang ang anak ko."

This is the story of how my teeth tried to kill me. Well, sort of.


I started feeling the pain when I was in the office. I asked for Mefenamic from our company nurse so the pain has subsided. On my way home, I felt dizzy. I took peppermint candies. What followed next was one of the most painful experiences of my entire life, surpassed only by the time, that one of my teeth decided to just up and die one day, but decided to go out with a bang. The pain of it nearly drove me insane.



I tried to think of happy things to distract myself until I hopped out of the FX. I ran to the nearby Mercury Drugstore to buy painkillers.



Me: Ate, ano pong gamot sa sakit ng ipin?

Lady: Mefenamic lang po.
Me: Meron bang yung mas matindi? Yung pang may cancer?
Lady: (blank face) May reseta po ba kayo?
Me: (nanginginig sa sakit) Wala po eh. Antibiotics po?
Lady: Kelangan din po ng reseta.
Me: (tumutulo na yung luha) Sige, mefenamic na lang po.


The lady went to the cashier...



Cashier: Bakit siya umiiyak?

Lady: Masakit ipin.


I wanted to laugh but I cannot because of the massive amount of pain I was feeling at that very moment.



I held it together on the tricycle ride home, but when I stepped into the sanctuary that is my apartment, I started to cry. I was feeling sorry for myself, was having a really hard time staying positive. I had a total meltdown.  I was a sobbing, snotty, drooling, red-faced, sweaty mess. 



The next minute turned into a very touching moment.



Chloe: Sana ako na lang masaktan. Sana ako na lang masakit ipin.  Kaya ko naman lahat ng sakit basta wag lang ikaw mag-cry Momi.



The little girl was surprised to see her mom crying -- because of toothache. Haha.


That night, I was preparing to go to work and I started feeling the pain again. Chloe was so concerned and she prayed.

Chloe: Lord, sana ako na lang po magkasakit wag lang po Momi ko.


Me: No Chloe. Ayokong maramdaman mo yung sakit na nararamdaman ni Momi. Ok lang ako. Kaya ko to. Basta ayoko ikaw ang masaktan.


Naiyak talaga ako. I realized how caring she is. She'd rather be in pain than to see me hurting. No words can express how I felt that time. I'm glad I'm raising a kid who knows how to care for people around her.


Any similar story? Please share.








10 comments:

  1. Awwwww...she's so sweet. We're so lucky to have such caring kids, ano?

    Ganyan din ang ngipin ko. Parang may swan song. Bakit hindi na lang goodbye kung goodbye, talagang holding on. I remember having mine pulled and it cracked, leaving the roots behind. Hindi na ma-pull kasi walang pagkakabitan ang pliers. Surgery was out of the question. Iiyak-iyak ako maski sa office. I had chik-V back in 2012, pero walang sinabi yun compared with my tooth pain. Which reminds me, I have to go back to the dentist soon. Hope it's better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking antibiotics... will schedule molar extraction soon. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Sniff sniff... She's so sweet.. Huhu.. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, ang bait naman ni Chloe. You're raising a compassionate child. Good to know okay ka na, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very concerned kiddo. She's a great blessing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete