Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Movie Marathon

My weekend started on Friday.


 
The rain here lately has been CRAZY!!!!  Even when it's not raining, everything is still too soaked and muddy to really get out and play.  We've been filling the time with watching movies.
 
After sending Chloe to school, I went to a computer shop where I get movies. P10 per movie. Sulit na di ba? I store it in my USB.

Few weeks ago, I listed Christian movies. I planned to give the computer shop guy the list so he can download them but I have forgotten to do it.

Good thing, someone went to the shop and gave him a list (similar to my list) and he downloaded the movies.

Voila! Divine intervention.

Here's the list:

The Encounter
It is an inspirational and intriguing faith-filled family drama about five people who are brought faced to face with Jesus and encouraged to examine the true condition of their lives. via



via
This was one of the most refreshing Christian movies seen in a long time. This movie touched on real questions that everyone faces and the hard choices God makes, so that we might ultimately be saved. A powerful, must-see movie!


Marriage Retreat
When a group of best friends decide to go to a marriage retreat in the mountains for no deeper reasons than to relax and have a little fun, they discover the true state of their marriages and how far apart they have drifted. Once there, Dr. Sullivan (Fahey) and his wife Katrina (Jackson) challenge the couples each one to confront their own sin and relationship issues through some rather unorthodox methods and Biblically based principles. via

via

A very humorous film about marriage with a lot of truth in it. Some excellent practical ideas on how to revive and/or save your marriage.

Amazing Love - The Story of Hosea
Teenagers Steve, Carrie, Cooper, and Gameboy embark on a weekend camping trip led by their church youth group leader Stuart (Sean Astin) and his wife Beth (Erin Bethea). Joining them is teen outsider Ashley, who is materialistic and self-involved, and whose bad attitude separates her from the rest of the group.


via

When a confrontation occurs between Ashley and Carrie, this division widens. Hoping for a resolution, Stuart takes the opportunity to share with the group the touching story of the Old Testament prophet Hosea and his example of true commitment and unconditional love. via

We’re all different – God made us this way. We all need a dose of unconditional love. Just a few comments made during this film that were great! Loved the way they did this film. It made the Bible story of Hosea come alive and applicable to us today!

Meant to Be
A delightful romantic comedy about a guardian angel who falls for the young woman he is protecting. via


via
I think the Meant to Be on the list refers to something else.

This is the Christina movie.


via
So, I'll ask the computer shop guy to download this some other time.

I have watched English Only Please and Assault on Precinct 13 c/o TV5.


via
 

via
 
On Saturday, I asked Duz to cook my favorite biko coz I'm still craving for it. I like it when it's still hot.
 
 
I also got my order that day. Addition to our collection.
 


 
I love the extra cuddle time I had with ze hubby. He requested for a selfie. Very uncommon.
 
#IndayAndDodong

 That's it!
 
I hope you had a great weekend too.
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Napanuod ko na yung marriage retreat! Nakakatawa!

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comedy nga yung movie na yun. Try mo rin panuorin yung ibang movies sis, lalo na yung Amazing Love.

      Delete