Thursday, July 2, 2015

2nd Half Year Goals

As of yesterday, we kicked off the second half of the year. And today is a perfect time for a mid-year check-in. 

I cannot believe we are half way through the year! I am beyond excited for the second half of 2015. The first half was extremely a roller coaster ride and I have a feeling that the second half will be just a bit steady but still surprising.

via
First, let's review the last time I wrote my goals. Jeez, it was in February.

February Goals


More prayer time. We've just finished the book "In God's Presence."

Strengthen my support system. I have Audrey and Yentl (ladies at work). I have Tin and Saro (Dgroup leaders). I met John and Lannie King (counselor of Duz) . I met Ptr. Danny and Dawn Urquico (marriage counselors). I met Tita Edith and her husband (small group leader from our marriage seminar). I met Bro. Mon Escobar and his wife (marriage counselors we met in the Welcome Center).

Check Whole30 program. Wala muna sa vocabulary ko ang diet. Haha. 



Practice deep breathing. I've been doing deep breathing to calm me down during anxiety and panic attacks. 



Doctor's check up. I just underwent Annual Physical Exam. 



Small frequent meals. Yes. I always have biscuits. 



No overtime please. Yes. Bihirang-bihira na lang ako mag-overtime. 



Learn at least one recipe. Yes. Monggo Burger and Eggplant Float. 



Read more Christian wife blogs. Yes. Ang dame kong na-discover na Christian blogs. 



Reward myself. So-so.



Blog daily or at least 3 times a week. 
January - 41 
February - 28 
March - 17 
April - 14 
May - 10 
June - 11 



Take more pictures. Yes na yes. Ang dami kong pictures. 



Practice the 8/8/8 Rule. Work in progress pa rin 'to. 



Things to look forward: 
Couples retreat 
That Thing Called Tadhana movie 
Moving into our new apartment 
Boyce Avenue's concert 
Dgroup's family outing 
MBPS STB 



15 in 2015 
Disciple at least 2 persons. 
Use eyeglasses instead of contact lens. 
Go through marriage counselling or couples retreat. 
Visit a relative or a friend in the province. 
Staycation. 
12 dates in 12 months. 
Garage Sale. 
Experience 2Go ship. 
Backpack. 
Attend to my medical needs. 
Learn more recipes that I can serve on holidays. 
Travel solo a-la Eat, Pray and Love. 
Volunteer/ministry or charity works. 
Be a fan. Go to a concert or gig. 
Add highlights to my hair. 





My Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I share them here?
  • Setting goals helps me remain focused.
  • Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
  • I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself? Give it a try! Start small if it seems overwhelming or like too much work. Or maybe it seems pointless to you? Give it a shot and see what you think.


2nd Half of 2015 Goals: 

Spiritual: Daughter of God 
Read the Bible everyday. Even just one verse. 
Memorize my favorite Bible verses. 
Attend church every Sunday. 
Join a Dgroup. 
Disciple at least 2 persons. 



Family: 
Formulate Alejandrino's family values. 



Marriage: Wife to Duz 
Date night once a month. 
Practice submission. 
Help him overcome his struggles. 


Parenting: Mom to Pretty 
Attend to school activities. 
One date a month - just Momi and daughter. 



Parenting: Mom to Chloe 
Attend school activities. 
Send her to school at least 3x a week. 
Help her with her homework. 
Teach her how to read and write. 
Bring her to a park or playground at least twice a month. 
One date a month - just Momi and daughter. 

Daughter to Momcy:
Ring her more often.
Go to Divi or bazaars with her just like the old times.

Sister to Sha:
Coffee date once a month.


Sister to Totits:
Visit his family in Baguio.

Friend to Friends:
Praise in public, criticize in private.


Career: 
Aim to get Attendance Incentive (no absences and no lates) and Performance Bonus (meet all targets) every month. 
Continue to develop Work-Life Balance program. 



Business: 
Start home-based business: Ihaw-ihaw, desserts, market returns, silver, frozen meals. 
Revive my online business. 



Finances: 
Continue to write down all our daily expenses. 
No major expenses for the next 6 months. 
Regularly pay debts until it's zero. 
No borrowing of money. 
Save for Pretty and Duz' birthday, Christmas and New Year. 



Health: 
Work out, do Zumba or jog. 
Drink plenty of water. 
Practice deep breathing. 
Drink vitamins. 
Sleep at least 6 hours a day. 
Eat less pork, more fruits and vegetables. 
Schedule a dentist appointment for molar extraction. 
Wear training corset. 

Household: 
Keep up with the laundry. 
Buy durabox to store clothes. 
Declutter and garage sale. 
Menu plan a week in advance. 
Learn new recipes. 
More DIY projects. 
Post Bible verses inside our house. 
Print pictures and frame them. 
Less TV, more calming music. 
Put air-con in our room. 
Arrange the back are of our apartment. 



Personal: 
Turn off my cellphone when I'm at home. 
Reward myself every now and then. 
Laugh at myself. 
Be more resilient. 
Overcome insecurities. 
Forgive and love myself. 
Foot spa once in a month.
Hair treatment and highlights.
Invest in smart casual attire.


Blog: 
Develop an editorial calendar. 
Be at least a week in advance with scheduled blog posts. 
Seek out similar blogs and comment regularly.
Join contests.
Meet other bloggers.

The lesson that I learned during the first half of the year is just to focus on PROGRESS, not perfection.  Yes, I have many goals that are delayed.  Yes, some things are taking much longer than I expected and things are happening that I didn’t originally anticipate.  And yes, I messed up my diet during a few days and things weren’t perfect.


SO WHAT?

Last time I checked, nobody is perfect.  Nothing in life ever happens EXACTLY how you want it to happen or expect it to.  Life is full of surprises.

The most important thing is PROGRESS.  Am I making progress towards all of my goals? 


Yes.  And that’s all that matters to me.


Another big lesson is learning to say “No” a lot more in my life.  I have the habit of taking on a lot more than what I can handle.  I’ve been overloaded by requests from people and I’ve been learning to say NO a lot more.  I just can’t handle all of this demand for my time right now.  I want to help everyone, especially all of my friends and family members, but it’s challenging for me to do so.


Looking at my goals --- encouraging to see some progress… challenging to see how much I still need to do! Smile




How about you?  Have you been working on your goals?  Made a lot of progress in the first half or have some catch-up to do in the second half?  Please share your thoughts.


5 comments:

  1. Goodluck with your goals Em, yah! Reward yourself. How could you achieve all those goals without you rewarding and recognizing your effort to achieve them?! Ako, yung bagong damit na ang mga binibili ko. Naubos lahat ng damit ko since manganak ako eh hehe so I am trying to invest on them na. I'll just make sure na sale or hindi expensive ang mga binibili ko. =) What I also do to motivate myself is to eat out. Bumibili ako ng vouchers sa mga online para mas mura and then it feels great to be able to try a new resto kasi I can discover a lot more. Take note, mura ko lang nabibili yun compare sa original price. =) My partner and I enjoyed it a lot. Honestly kakaumpisa pa lang namin kaya puro pagkain ang madalas ko ng binablog =) also, i was able to have a play date for jami for only 190 compare sa 390 na rate nila hehehe. try mo din mag check online ng mga deals. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Jen. Bumibili rin ako ng mga online deals. I started mga 5 years ago however lately hindi muna ako nagtitingin-tingin kasi hindi na kame madalas kumain sa labas. Once in a blue moon na lang. Nagluluto na lang kame sa bahay. Pero bumibili pa rin ako ng vouchers para sa mga services like salon, swimming, accommodation, etc.

      Delete
  2. Wow this is a great list sis. Maybe I should also do the learn at least 1 recipe heheh. Have you followed the blog of teachofjoy.com? You should follow her, recommended by my christian friend.

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sis, I follow Joy's blog. She's the daughter of our head pastor kaya kilala ko siya.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete