Thursday, March 26, 2015

#Throwback - HS Graduation (2003)



It seems like yesterday when I graduated from High School. In reality it’s been 12 years. Good grief, that makes me feel OLD!

I didn’t have a care in the world back then. I was looking forward to a summer of freedom and getting into some mission with my friends at church. I graduated from high school in 2003 from a small school in Quezon City.

My graduating class had less than 100 teens in it. 2 sections. I ranked 3rd out of more or less 80 students. Though I wasn't given that award because of some technicalities, I was awarded as Most Honorable Student. Actually, I don't remember the exact title. I don't know if it was Most Valuable or Most Exceptional. As far as I remember, it's given to someone who showed excellence both in academics and extra-curricular and a good example to everyone. Something like that. (I'll check with my adviser what's the exact title) That's the first time our school had given that award. I was so honored. I made my mama proud that day :)


On a different note, Duz was a transferee. He came from the province of Nueva Vizcaya. He's from IV-Diamond and I was from IV-Emerald.

He was my ultimate crush but he never courted me not until the day before graduation.

Why? His friend had been courting me since 3rd year  high school. He valued their friendship so much that he didn't try to show his feelings for me.

However, his "friend" stopped courting me in February. That's the only time Duz started to talk to me. He knew that I like him and he eventually showed his feelings and intention.

Then, the night before our graduation day - I received a text message from him. I can't remember the exact words but the main idea was - he wanted to officially court me.

That's it for now. The rest is history.

Wishing the best of luck to the graduates of 2015, may your path in life be long and blessed!
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on the award! =) made me reminisce my tear jerker hs graduation too! A very emotional day (I went to that school since I was in grade 1!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iba talaga ang HS noh? I'm being nostalgic whenever I reminisce our HS days.

      Delete
  2. High school ang da best time sa akin. I gained a lot of friends, but like your earlier post about that salutatorian speech, I wasn't the teacher's pet.

    Congrats sa award!

    ReplyDelete