Saturday, February 7, 2015

January Highlights and February Goals

A new month has arrived once again. (Oops! that's almost a week ago - I'm late - I know!)

Believe it or not, January actually felt quite long. I have a feeling, though, that this month is going to fly by! Besides already being shorter than the rest, there are a lot of things going on for me.

It's been a while since I've posted monthly goals and I'm hoping to get back to the habit.

I didn't create my January goals because I was busy finishing my 30 before 30 list and I'm not even done with my 15 in 2015. Haha.

But I'm proud of myself because I've started my weekly wrap up. Though it's time consuming and I always publish my post a week late, at least I'm able to document almost everything here in my little space.

Anyway, here are some highlights of my January.





We started attending at CCF and joined a couples Dgroup. I was able to regularly meet my cell group in the office which really helped me have a more meaningful prayer life. You can check my posts about it here.

 

We had some series of house hunting done this month.
 


 
And a staycation.
 
 
Moving forward, let's go to my February goals.
 
via

February Goals

More prayer time.
During our bible study, we discuss the book entitled "In God's Presence". It really helps me build a more meaningful prayer life. Part of spiritual discipline, I should make an effort to spend time praying.

Strengthen my support system.
Open up and listen. I know I have few people very close to me who are always there for me. I will talk to to them and ask for their prayers.

Check
Whole30 program.
Disclaimer. Check ko lang ha, titignan ko kung kaya ba. Mukhang maganda eh. Pag kaya, ita-try ko. Haha.

Practice deep breathing.
I have poor breathing habits. I've learned I would need to practice deep breathing to help me calm down during anxiety or panick attacks.

Doctor's check up.
Related to the topic above, I need to see a doctor. I've been experiencing mini heart attacks for the past few days. Chest pain. Heartburn. Costochondritis. I don't know yet.

Small frequent meals.
Another concern, I've been suffering from abdominal pain. I know I have gallstones but just last year, another doctor told me that the culprit might be ulcer. Pag sobrang busy sa work, nakakalimutan kong kumain which is very bad. So kahit pabiscuit biscuit lang ako every 4 hours, makakatulong para hindi magsuffer ang small and large intestines ko. Hehe :)

No overtime please.
I should manage my time and be able to go home on time. Hindi pwedeng mag-suffer ang sleep at quality time ko for my family.

Learn at least one recipe.
Dahil gusto ko magluto. Yung hindi pa naluluto ni Alejandrino :)

Read more Christian wife blogs.
If you're going through a rough time, reading some uplifting quotes/books/blog can help you remember that life isn't always bad. Pwede rin naman ako mag-basa ng mga sites that encourage divorce (though walang ganyan dito sa aten), pero I will choose to filter the things that I feed my mind and soul. So yes, Christian blogs. Why? Biblical truths and advices.

Reward myself.
Rewarding yourself is a fun and easy way to keep you motivated. Have a little treat! A lipstick. A pair of shoes. A bag. A dress. A pedi. A cup of coffe. Not sure yet, basta I'll reward Ma. Mara Sharmane :)

Blog daily or at least 3 times a week.
Blogging has been my outlet for quite sometime now. I find my voice through blogging.

Take more pictures.
Simple pleasure. I love looking back at old pictures. And I love capturing every moment possible. Kahit malabo ang camera ng cp ko. Pag-tiyagaan muna.

Practice the 8/8/8 Rule.
8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work and 8 hours of fun. Simply straightforward. You get the drift. It’s all about balance, baby!

Things to look forward:
Couples retreat
That Thing Called Tadhana movie
Moving into our new apartment
Boyce Avenue's concert
Dgroup's family outing
MBPS STB



6 comments:

  1. Having a list/goal helps talaga din pag motivate anoh? Mas organized tska ang sarap ng feeling pag may naa- accomplished tayo. goodluck sa mga goals mo Em, with determination and lots of prayers makakaya mo yan. God bless! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Yes, reminder ko to sa sarili ko kaya I write down my goals.

      Delete
  2. Sis, please share yung mga Christian blogs na nadiscover mo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Health is wealth and it seems most of your goals revolve around it which is good. Agree ako dyan kasi mas madami tayo magagawa sa buhay pag healthy tayo. :)

    P.S. Gusto ko rin mapanuod yang That Thing Called Tadhana movie dahil marami raw hugot eh. Curious lang ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama Edel. Uy let me know pag napanood mo na ung movie ha :)

      Delete