Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Happiness Project: Exercise Better

EXERCISE BETTER.
Among other benefits, people who exercise are healthier, think more clearly, sleep better, and have delayed onset of dementia. Regular exercise boosts energy levels; although some people assume that working out is tiring, in fact, it boosts energy, especially in sedentary people—of whom there are many. Just by exercising twenty minutes a day/three days a week/for six weeks, persistently tired people boosted their energy. Achieve 10,000 STEPS A DAY. Buy a pedometer. “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking,” Even five minutes of daylight stimulates production of serotonin and dopamine, brain chemicals that improve mood.  What I Do:
Ok, honestly - I don't exercise. Boo! I like to do Zumba but I have a lot of excuses. Haha. But I do some household chores, like laundering :)

My family also has this hobby - walking. Though we cannot do it everyday, at least three times a week - we walk in the morning. It's refreshing and we get vitamin D straight from the sunlight.




Any other ideas? Feel free to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment