Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: Picture City (Recovering Pictures)

Memory card corrupted. I almost cried. I'll never use my memory card in any computer shop!

I need those picture for this blog. I covered 3 family events. I can't afford to lose all the photos.

Went to Kodak, Photoline and Picture City in Trinoma but they don't recover photos. Kodak tried to recover it but it didn't work.

I went to Gateway, because the last time my memory card got corrupted (pictures in Bellarocca) Photoline was able to recover them. When I arrived at their stall, it's a new Executive Optical shop. My knee weakened. I asked the guard, "Saan na po yung Photoline dito?" Guard: "Wala na po." 

My tears were about to fell when the guard said, 'Try mo sa Picture City." I slowly walked heading to Picture City. I was thinking, "Hindi nagrerecover ang Picture City. Ok na. Tanggap ko na wala ng magagawa. Lesson learned. Hindi ko na ioopen memory card ko sa mga computer shops."

I went inside Picture City. I approached the guy who was editing pictures. I calmly asked "Sir, nagrerecover ba kayo ng pictures?" He softly answered, "Yes, pero hindi 100% lahat." I said, "Ok lang po, basta try lang naten."

Thank goodness their tool was able to recover all my lost/corrupted pictures. What a relief. Muntik na akong maiyak sa tuwa. Out of 700+ pictures, more or less only 10 were not retrieved. I was totally fine with that. Last time, out of 800 photos we had in Bellarocca, only 400+ were recovered - more than half. But this time, 95%! 

I paid P150 for the service. The guy reformatted my memory card and saved all the recovered files back to it. I asked him to save all the pictures in a DVD as my back up. I bought from the nearby CD-R King. It only costs P7. I just paid additional P20 for added service. All in all, I shelled out P177.

I was so happy. I was willing to pay any amount just to have the pictures recovered. The P177 is all worth it plus the customer service of the guy in Picture City.

To those who need this service, please check the information below.



Address: Gateway Mall, 2/F, General Roxas Avenue, Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City, 1109 Metro Manila.
Phone: (02) 912-1974
Store Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM; Friday-Saturday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM.




No comments:

Post a Comment