Sunday, February 2, 2014

3 Things I Learned in January

I don't know about you but I feel like I wanted to end January because it was not a very good month for me. This was the month I hibernated (literally). That said, it didn't prevent me from learning few things.

Even the best fall down sometimes.
It was the worst hormonal imbalance in the last 3 or 4 years. I pulled out myself from any sort of socialization and I stayed in bed most of the time. I dragged myself to work. I felt so weak emotionally and I can cry anytime with no reasons at all. I needed a break.

I'm going through a quarter-life crisis.
I stopped going along with the crowd and started realizing that there are a lot of things about myself that I didn't know and may or may not like.I started feeling insecure and wondered where I will be in a year or two, but then got scared because I barely know where I am now. I'm trying as hard as I can to figure this whole thing out.

In a relationship, when one is weak, the other should be strong.
My husband had been very patient and understanding about what I'm going through. He unburdened the things that stressed the hell out of me. We had pep talk sessions that helped me get back on track. He stood strong when I was weak. He tried to fix me.

If there's a song that will perfectly show what I feel, it will be "Fix You". Each line of this song reflects how I currently feel.

My favorite lines:
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?


"Fix You"
When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you






On a lighter note, I am confident that February will be a lot better.

Laters,


No comments:

Post a Comment