Wednesday, February 26, 2014

#100HAPPYDAYS

Hi loves! How's your week so far? Mine is pretty well.

I saw a trending hashtag on FB and Instagram few weeks ago.

It's the #100happydays.

So I searched  the net and found the website.

On the site, there's a question: "Can you be happy for 100 days in a row?"

That's a tough question. For a person like me who's still under the quarter-life crisis, it's difficult to be happy for 100 days in a row.

Yes, I'm happy sometimes but not all the time. 

I usually blame it on my hormones because there are times that I'm feeling elated then after few hours, I get this another 180-degree mood swing.

According to survey, 71% of those who tried this challenge failed. Why? Because they lack time. What? Yes, they don't have time to be happy.

Hard truth. People can be so busy and they forgot to be happy. I can be one of them but I can decide to be one of those 29% who succeeded.

So what's the challenge?

Every day, submit a picture of what made you happy. Plain and simple. I think I can do that.

According to the website, it can be anything from a meet-up with a friend to a very tasty cake in the nearby coffee place, from a feeling of being at home after a hard day to a favor you did to a stranger.

#100happyday challenge is for you - not for anyone else.

It is not a happiness competition or showing off contest. If you try to please or make others jealous via your pictures - you lose without even starting. Same goes with cheating.

How to start? Register in the challenge here. Then choose your favorite platform for submitting pictures (FB, Instagram or Twitter).

You can also come up with your own hashtag and limit publicity of your pictures.

So why do this? People who successfully completed the challenge claimed to:
- Start noticing what makes them happy every day
- Be in a better mood every day
- Start receiving more compliments from other people
- Realize how lucky they are to have a life they have
- Become more optimistic
- Fall in love during the challenge

Oh, I love all those things! So are you ready?

You can send me a personal message on Facebook or leave a comment here if you are also doing this challenge.

I'll be sharing my pictures on Instagram. You can follow me @iloveduz.

I will also share some of it on Facebook.

My challenge start date is today (Feb/26/2014).

My 100th day is on Jun/06/2014.

While it all sounds cool and perfect, I just have few doubts in mind.

There's no FAQ question or anyway to contact the creators if I might have questions during the challenge.

Like what if we I no means to capture a photo when our "happy moment" occurs? How do I share it then?

Also, what if I am out of network areas and can't share the pictures? I guess the questions remain unanswered for now.

However, despite the glitches, I guess it'd be fun to just give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment