Sunday, August 4, 2013

40 Days Love Journey: Prelude

Like other marriages, mine is also a roller coaster ride. Duz was my schoolmate when we were in our 4th year high school. He was a transferee all the way from his province, Nueva Vizcaya.  We started talking in February, almost graduation. Five years after graduation, we met again. After a week, we became a couple. After a month, we ran away and lived together. After a year, we got married.  Come to think of it, we didn't have enough friendship. We hardly know each other. What do you expect? Of course we have lots of sweet moments but there were also times when we were clashing because of petty things. To sum it up, we've been together for five years now and it's really by the grace of God that we manage to keep it all together. 

Last year, Duz and I watched Fireproof movie which was so helpful. I highly recommend couples to watch it because it's really worth it. That film led me to Love Dare book. I am so interested in it because it's Bible-based challenge.



I am doing this because I know that Duz and I have problems in some areas of our marriage. I don't want our marriage to completely fall apart. It's best to fix problems as soon as we identify them or better if we can prevent traps that may lead us to separation. My marriage is one of my top priorities and I know if I can make it better, everything will follow. I am convinced that this is one of the greatest decisions I've ever made.


I will be sharing my 40 Day Love Dare Journey in this blog so I can see my progress and look back to where I started. I want to share it to my married friends because I believe we can learn from each other. Hopefully, one of these days, you'll take the challenge too. 

Please join me in my journey! God speed.



No comments:

Post a Comment